Last night WWE made it the first Royal Rumble to air on Peacock. It took place on January 29, 2022, at The Dome at America's Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
Six matches were contested at the event. In the main event, Brock Lesnar won the men's Royal Rumble match for a second time, the first being in 2003, after losing his WWE Championship to Bobby Lashley earlier in the night.
The women's Royal Rumble match was won by Ronda Rousey, which was her first appearance in WWE since WrestleMania 35 in 2019.
In the opening bout, Seth Rollins defeated Roman Reigns by disqualification, but Reigns retained the Universal Championship as titles do not change hands by disqualification unless stipulated.
The following Royal Rumble producers were revealed, courtesy of Fightful Select
* Petey Williams and WWE Hall of Famer Michael Hayes produced the opener, which saw WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns retain over Seth Rollins via DQ
* Hayes, Pat Buck, Shane Helms, Fit Finlay and WWE Hall of Famer Molly Holly produced the 30-Woman Royal Rumble match, which was won by a returning Ronda Rousey. Holly was also an entrant in the match
* Buck and Shawn Daivari produced the match that saw RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch retain over Doudrop
* Hayes and Jason Jordan produced the match that saw Bobby Lashley capture the WWE Title from Brock Lesnar due to an assist from Reigns and Paul Heyman
* WWE Hall of Famers Edge and Beth Phoenix defeating The Miz and Maryse was produced by Adam Pearce and Kenn Doane
* The 30-Man Royal Rumble main event, won by Lesnar, was produced by Pearce, Daivari, Jamie Noble and Chris Park
To stay updated with all the latest combat sports news, add Sacnilk.com to your Google News feeds and follow us on Twitter.