To anyone's surprise, Sasha Banks and Naomi are expected to be back on WWE TV soon, but it looks like the company is waiting to play in the Women's Tag Team Title tournament before bringing them back. WrestlingNews.co previously reported that Banks and Naomi had struck a deal to return, with Triple H now going creative.
When Dave Meltzer appeared on the Sunday Night's Main Event podcast, he was asked if he had heard anything new about Banks and Naomi. Meltzer said he has spoken to people who would know and believe they are back.
He said, "I mean, everyone expects that they're in. It's just a question of which week they want to debut them."
Meltzer further said, "So since they are not in the tournament, I'm guessing that it's gonna be the finals of the tournament or right after the finals that they show up. That's kind of how I'm reading it now. I guess they just felt it wasn't good to put them in the tournament itself. I think that they want to stagger these new [and returning] people coming in. Sasha and Naomi are obviously the biggest ones they can bring in, so you don't need to do it in week one. Everybody seems to think that they're in, it's just a question of which week."
Banks and Naomi were last seen on WWE television last May. In the span of just 5 days, WWE announced that he would be suspended indefinitely for going out before the live broadcast of Raw. They were stripped of the women's tag team titles and it looks like they will be in a story involving those titles when they return to TV.
To stay updated with all the latest combat sports news, add Sacnilk.com to your Google News feeds and follow us on Twitter.